The truth is that most people don’t even realize that they have poor indoor air quality in their Irvine homes. It is imperative that you be aware of this problem if it exists. The following are some signs and symptoms that point towards poor air quality.
- Irritable eyes, throat and nose with cold like symptoms
- Dry skin
- Rashes and other skin irritations
- Sleepiness, fatigue and headaches
- Other symptoms such as wheezing, dizziness, nausea as well as hypersensitivity reactions can also be attributed to poor air quality
The onset of most of these symptoms is not very direct or immediate. They usually build up gradually and become a part of your daily life without you even realizing it. These symptoms are highly subjective and can also be brought about by a variety of other co-existing factors such as stress, so you might not realize right away what’s causing you to feel the way you do.
This is why it is very important to evaluate the problem of poor air quality in an objective and scientific manner. The following are some of the primary causes of poor air quality.
- Poor ventilation system leading to inadequate supply of fresh air in the house
- Pollutants coming from the paints and chemicals on the walls and furniture in your home
- Pollutants arising from various other building products, cleaning material, gases, new materials, pesticides, office machines and stationery
- Micro-organisms, as well as other contaminants coming from the atmosphere
- The presence of allergens such as pollen, pet dander, mold spores or dust mites
The primary reason for all these problems taking root in your home is poor ventilation which does not allow enough air circulation and exchange between indoors and outdoors. That means not enough fresh air enters your home, making the air rather stale and providing no way for any types of pollutants to get out, and these contaminants tend to increase in concentration over time.
Luckily, all of these issues can be addressed by adding a good indoor air quality system to your home. A professional Irvine HVAC contractor can tell you exactly what types of pollutants are causing trouble in your home and get the right systems in place to eliminate them effectively. Call Saddleback Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning today to learn more about how to improve the air quality in your home!