The average household uses approximately 400 gallons of water per day, with almost ¾ of that amount dedicated to indoor usage. Reading this statistic should give you a good idea about how much use your drains get on a daily basis and why it’s a good idea to be aware of when it may be time to schedule drain cleaning for your plumbing.
There are a few ways your drains will let you know that it’s time for a professional drain cleaning:
- Slow drains – having a slow drain means that a full-on clog is on its way. Why? Because it’s already there – it just hasn’t gotten big enough to fully block your drain yet. Slow drains usually indicate that there is a significant build-up inside your pipe; it’s better to remove this build-up before it becomes a full blockage, and the best way to remove the build-up is with a professional drain cleaning.
- DIY remedies aren’t working – if you’ve tried some of the usual home remedies – boiling water, baking soda and vinegar or plunging – and your clog still won’t disappear, it’s time to call for an expert.
- Gurgling sounds from the drain – a gurgling sound from a drain is actually the sound of air being released from air pockets that have been created inside your piping by build-up. The sound is an indication that there is a problem with build-up in the drain and it should be removed before it causes a bigger problem.
- Multiple drains are slow and/or clogged – many times homes have 2 or 3 different drains on a single main plumbing line. If you find that you have multiple drains with issues, it is likely that there is a problem deep within your plumbing system, which will require the help of an expert.
- A clog that won’t go away – if you have one drain that clogs repeatedly, even after being unclogged, it is likely the problem isn’t being fully resolved and requires the help of a trained professional.
The amount of water your drains handle is tremendous, so if you are seeing the signs that it may be time for a drain cleaning in your home, don’t wait to schedule an appointment – call Saddleback Plumbing today! We offer quality draining cleaning service in Irvine.