Here in Laguna Hills, sump pump technology remains a reliable and effective way of preventing home flooding. We have our share of flooding problems during the rainy season, thanks to shallow sewer systems and our hilly terrain. A sump pump, which is placed in a pit in your basement, can swiftly pump floodwaters out of your home: keeping your property and possessions dry in the process. As always, it pays to consult with a professional when selecting a model for your home, but in general terms, these are your choices for a sump pump in Laguna Hills, CA.
- Pedestal pumps. Pedestal pumps are less expensive and easier to install than other types of pump. They’re mounted on a stand above the pit, keeping the motor out of the water. They work best in areas that get a lot of flooding, though their position above the pit means that they can be fairly noisy.
- Submersible pumps. These pumps are placed directly in the pit, and are designed to operate while under water. They cost more to install, but tend to be more efficient, and because they’re underwater, they don’t make as much noise.
- Back-up pumps. Most pumps are run by electricity from your home. A back-up pump is battery powered and intended for use when the electricity goes out.
- Sewage pumps. These pumps are specifically designed to remove sewage waste and semi-solid materials from you home. This is a significant consideration in Laguna Hills, were our flooding issues often entail overflowing sewers.
- Combinations pumps. Combination pumps merge a primary pump and a battery-powered back-up pump into one system. It’s a solid choice if you want to cover all your bases without a lot of additional hassle.
A qualified expert plumbing service in Laguna Hills, CA can discuss your choices for a sump pump, then perform an installation once you’ve found the best model for your home and budget. The professionals at Saddleback Plumbing have the skills and expertise to help you out in all stages of sump pump installation. Give us a call today and let us show you what we can do!