Electric furnaces have come a long way over the last few years, providing excellent heat in an energy efficient way. There are a number of benefits an electric furnace in Irving can offer your home, as we’ll out line below. It is important to note that any whole-home system requiring a large load of electricity should always be installed by a professional, so call the certified experts you can count on: Saddleback Plumbing.
How Does an Electric Furnace Work?
An electric furnace uses hot coils to generate heat. These coils are heated until they are red hot, and a fan at the bottom of the cabinet draws air into the system and over the coils. The warm air is distributed throughout your home via your ductwork.
What Are the Benefits of an Electric Furnace?
- Low initial costs – electric furnaces are some of the most inexpensive furnaces available. The average price is around $900 for purchase versus $2,000 for gas or oil furnaces.
- Very good energy efficiency – because electric furnaces do not burn fossil fuels, they can have an energy efficiency rating as high as 100%. This can be great for your home and the environment.
- No need for a gas line – some homes do not have access to a natural gas line, and some are not very accessible for fuel delivery. However, electricity is widely available, and as such, may be the best choice for a homeowner challenged with these situations.
- Safety – while no heating system is guaranteed to be 100% safe, there is no need to worry about toxic fumes with an electric furnace.
- Clean – because an electric furnace doesn’t use a burning fuel to operate, the system stays clean, which is helpful when it comes to annual maintenance.
Electric furnaces can offer homes without easy access to fossil fuels the ability to heat with energy efficiency and comfort. If you think an electric furnace may be a good fit for your home, call Saddleback Plumbing today and schedule an appointment with one of our trained experts for professional furnace installation in Irvine.