Choosing a heating system for your home can be a daunting task due to the number of options homeowners have. But needing a new heating system can be an opportunity to consider a different type of heating system for your home. One system you may want to consider is ductless heating. Many people are familiar with ductless air conditioning systems, but you can also use a ductless system to provide heat for your entire home. Installation for any heating system should always be handled by trained professionals, so if you need heating installation in Laguna Hills, CA, call who have been in business since 1981: Saddleback Plumbing.
How Does a Ductless System Heat?
Ductless systems heat your home by employing heat pump technology. This means that the outdoor unit of the ductless system has a component called a reversing valve. This valve allows the system to change the direction of the refrigerant flow, which enables the system to both heat and cool your home.
What Are the Components?
The components for a ductless heating system are the same as for cooling, except with the outdoor unit has a reversing valve. The components are:
- Outdoor unit – holds the compressor, condenser and reversing valve
- Indoor blower – has a small fan, evaporator coil and filter
- Conduit – a conduit drilled into an exterior wall connects the outdoor unit to the indoor blowers
- Dual-mode thermostat – allows the homeowner to switch between modes
Benefits of a Ductless Heating System
- Very energy efficient – a ductless system does not need fossil fuels to operate; it uses only a small amount of electricity, making it very energy efficient.
- Easily installed – ductless system are minimally-invasive installations as no ductwork is needed. The outdoor unit is installed and the indoor blowers are mounted flush against walls or hung from ceilings. They are connected by the conduit, which contains the refrigerant line, power cord and condensate drain pipe.
- Customized comfort – each indoor blower operates individually, allowing you to set each blower at a temperature you want.
Ductless systems can also be great for older homes without ductwork and for adding heating and cooling to new home additions. If you are ready for a new ductless heating installation in Laguna Hills, CA, call Saddleback Plumbing today!