The plumbing of your home does a tremendous amount of work each day, bringing in fresh water to multiple taps and appliances such as washing machines and dishwashers; running hot water from the water heater; and removing wastewater from drains to the sewer system. Considering the amount of punishment that plumbing can take over weeks, months, and years, it is surprising that homeowners don’t often consider scheduling regular maintenance to check on the integrity of the plumbing system.
Maintenance is something your plumbing must have in order to keep working optimally, without the risk of leaking, corrosion, breaks, and blockages. The complexity of the pipe system in a house, which consists of freshwater, wastewater, and hot water lines made from different types of material, requires that professionals handle the maintenance. Contact the experienced team at Saddleback Plumbing in Irvine, CA for plumbing maintenance that will keep your home’s vital water system in the best shape possible.
The Frequency of Plumbing Maintenance
How often is it necessary to have a maintenance inspection for your plumbing? Annually, just as you do for your heating and air conditioning system. (You are having those done annually, right?) Any major system in your home that received daily use needs to have a professional check-up once a year.
Consider all that a plumber needs to inspect during a maintenance visit, and you’ll understand why it is so important to have this work done every year:
- Water pressure check to see if there are possible leaks or if the pressure is too high because of problems elsewhere in the system, such as mineral buildup from hard water.
- Leak detection to spot places where hidden leaking may be occurring.
- Garbage disposal check.
- Backflow preventer check to make sure sewage can’t enter into the freshwater lines.
- General drain cleaning service to clear out the buildup of residue inside frequently used drains like those in the kitchen.
- Sewer line inspection to see that the line is in good shape and not in danger of blockages from tree roots.
- Inspecting the water heater to see that it doesn’t have impending repair needs.
A thorough inspection will see that your plumbing is both safe and efficient. It will help you avoid repairs in the future and ensure that all parts of the system are working in peak condition.
Regardless of how well you maintain your plumbing, repair needs can crop up, so make sure that you have a reliable company in Irvine, CA for plumbing repairs that can get the work done fast and accurately. Look to the more than 30 years of experience at Saddleback Plumbing for repairs and maintenance that will keep your plumbing working for you instead of causing hassles.