Before water enters your home through your water line, it goes through extensive treatment by the city. Any harmful chemicals are filtered out, along with most other substances. As thorough as this treatment is, however, it is not perfect. There are a number of things that can make it through the city’s treatment and into your home, carried by your water supply. Though they are not dangerous to humans, they can cause serious issues with your plumbing system. Read on to find out more about the problems these substances can cause, and how a water treatment system can mitigate them.
Saddleback Plumbing Heating & Air Blog: Posts Tagged ‘Water Treatment Systems’
As a homeowner, it’s important to you that your family has access to a clean potable water supply. The promise of clean drinking water is just one of the reasons you may choose to call a professional for water treatment system installation. If you smell something strange in your water, notice discoloration, have a problem with hard water, or if you just need peace of mind, the plumbers at Saddleback Plumbing may have a solution for you. Here are some of the water treatment systems we recommend to homeowners in Lake Forest, CA.
- Water Softener: “Hard water” is one of the most common conditions in the U.S. with homeowners’ water supplies. As water moves through the pipes from the municipal water supply, it may pick up minerals like calcium and magnesium in the process. Luckily, these are rarely harmful to your health, although some people may experience sensitivity. However, hard water can have a major impact on the fixtures in your home and your plumbing system. If you’ve ever noticed a chalky white or yellowish-green substance around your faucets and fixtures, you may have hard water. These same mineral deposits build up along the insides of fixtures, washing machines, dishwashers, and pipes, sometimes leading to irreparable damage. A water softener replaces these minerals with other ions to keep hard water out of your home.
- Carbon Filter: A whole-house carbon filter helps filter out some of the contaminants that may cause your water to smell or taste funny. While some minerals and additives reach your water as they move through the pipes, other contaminants may reach your water supply because they are added to the water by the city. Chlorine, one of these additives, is meant to kill bacteria in the water. But many homeowners are sensitive to chlorine or would prefer it to be out of their home’s water supply. A carbon filter can rid the water of this and other common substances.
- Reverse Osmosis System: One of the most advanced water filtration systems is the reverse osmosis system. This can remove a large assortment of minerals, bacteria, salt, and other contaminants through the process of reverse osmosis, which relies on the use of a membrane that allows only water to pass into your home.
For more information about these and other water treatment systems in Lake Forest, CA, call Saddleback Plumbing today!
If you’re a homeowner, you care about the quality of your water. So if your water begins to smell, look, or taste strange, it’s time to call a professional plumbing company to test your home and install the proper water treatment system for your water supply.
In fact, some contaminants may not be so obvious. While not all contaminants have a foul taste or smell, many can seriously affect the quality of your plumbing system or be hazardous to your health anyway. If you’ve never had your water tested, you may not know about the hidden contaminants that may lurk in your water supply. Here are just a few of the contaminants that can be treated with water treatment systems in Ladera Ranch.
- Magnesium and Calcium – An excess of magnesium or calcium in the water, known as “hard water,” can cause problems for your plumbing system. While these minerals in your water usually will not negatively affect your health, deposits may build up along the insides of your pipes, leading to clogs and low water pressure. Furthermore, changes in the pressurization of the water in your plumbing system may seriously damage your pipes. This issue can be treated with a water softener.
- Excess Salt – However, water softeners eliminate these minerals by replacing them with sodium. Because high levels of sodium may be unhealthy, a reverse osmosis system can be installed as well to remove excess salt and other minerals in your water.
- Nitrates and Arsenic – Nitrates and arsenic can also be harmful to your health, but they often do not have any noticeable effect on the smell, taste, or color of your water. If this is found in your water during testing, a plumber can install a cartridge that can eliminate the problem.
Still not sure what contaminants may be affecting your water supply? When you call Saddleback Plumbing, we check your water supply to determine whether you need a reverse osmosis system, a water softener, a specialty cartridge, or any other water treatment system for your home. After we install your system, we’ll test it again to make sure the problem is taken care of. If you have more questions about installing water treatment systems in Ladera Ranch, call one of our experts today!
When it comes to protecting our health in our homes, and protecting our plumbing systems as well, a good whole-house water treatment system is often a necessity. You can’t always trust the water from the Orange County municipal supply to be free of unhealthy contaminants and the minerals that create hard water. With the right water treatment systems in an Irvine, CA home, you can have protection from nitrates, arsenic, pesticides, calcium, magnesium, sulfurous oxide, and other chemicals and pollutants that enter the water supply.
Water treatment systems sometimes need help as well, both through regular maintenance and from repairs. If your water treatment begins to fail at its job, call for repairs from Saddleback Plumbing right away, and we’ll find what out what is plaguing your water treatment and fix it.
What Can Go Wrong with Water Treatment Systems
- Clogged or bad filters: This is the most common reason for problems in a whole-house water treatment system. If the system uses filters to clean water, those filters will eventually become clogged, which will not only stop the filter from working properly, it will lead to a reduction in water pressure. To help avoid these problems, arrange for yearly maintenance for your water treatment system, which will make sure the filters are cleaned and/or replaced as necessary.
- The wrong system was installed: It’s extremely important to have professionals install your water treatment system. Amateur installation often means receiving a system that either a) doesn’t treat the specific problems in your water you need, or 2) is the wrong size to properly do its job. There is a great variety of water treatment systems available, each designed to target different issues in the water, and installers need to know exactly what problems in the water need remedy before choosing a system. They then need to size it right for the level of water use in your home. If your whole-house water treatment system does not appear to be improving the water quality, call on professionals to see if the right unit was originally installed.
- Excess salt from a water softener: An issue that homeowners sometimes encounter when they install a water softener is that it adds too much salt to the water in order to balance the calcium and magnesium ions. If you start to notice salty-tasting water, you might need to install a reverse osmosis system to balance the pH level from the water softener.
There are many other possibilities for water treatment malfunction. We recommend annual check-ups and maintenance to keep your home’s treatment system working as well as possible. Call Saddleback Plumbing today to arrange for a maintenance visit, or for plumbing repairs for your Irvine, CA home.
Here in Mission Viejo, CA, water treatment systems are fairly common for many households. Our civic water systems keep tap water fairly clean, but the composition of our local soil and proximity to the ocean can make things tough. Hard water, in particular, can be a significant issue. If you’ve ever noticed a crusty white material on your faucet or show head, you have a good idea of what we mean. A water treatment system for your home can reduce those kinds of deposits, as well as clearing out any other unwanted contaminants. More specifically, here’s how water treatment systems can benefit your home:
- Cleaner drinking water. Filtration means crisper, cleaner drinking water and water used for cooking, which makes for a healthier overall environment. You can test this with a quick experiment. Fill an ice cube tray with tap water and another one with bottled (filtered) water from a store. When they freeze, take a look at them. The ice from the tap water should be much cloudier and less clear than the ice from the filtered water. You can taste the difference in any food you prepare with them.
- Softer clothes. Hard water or water containing harsh chemicals can wear your clothes out after multiple trips through the laundry. Colors fade and the clothes don’t feel as soft as they once did. A good water filtration system will allow your clothes to feel much softer and look better. They’ll also last longer, helping you get more value out of your clothing dollar.
- Cleaner bathing. Unfiltered water can sometimes leave an unpleasant film on your skin after you bathe, as well as leaving your skin feeling rawer and more irritated than you might like. A water filter can fix that, making your baths and showers a much more pleasant experience.
For more details on how water treatment systems can benefit your home, or to schedule an installation session, call Saddleback Plumbing for help. For residents of Mission Viejo CA, water treatment systems can make a huge difference in the quality of your life. We have the knowledge and expertise to ensure that the problem is resolved correctly!
Here in Irvine, water treatment systems are a natural fit for homeowners interested in quality water. The system filters out minerals and impurities for your whole house, providing cleaner clearer water for all manner of activities. Irvine’s civic water treatment system does a reasonably good job, but considering our proximity to the ocean and the high mineral content of our semi-desert soil, a water treatment system makes a lot of sense. And that’s far from the only benefit. Here are 3 reasons to install a water treatment system in your home, demonstrating the advantages that such a system provides.
- Healthier drinking water
By filtering out impurities, a water treatment system provides tastier and healthier water not only for drinking, but for cooking as well. You can see objective evidence of this by performing a little experiment. Fill an ice cube tray with tap water, then a second tray with bottled water (ie., filtered water) from the store. When the ice freezes, you’ll be able to see the difference in clarity and crispness, a fact that will translate in terms of taste.
- Softer clothes
Hard water can be tough on clothes, even when you run your laundry on the gentle cycle. Filtered water helps them feel softer and more comfortable to wear, as well as keeping the colors brighter and ensuring that the clothes last longer.
- Better showers and baths
Chances are, you can find hard water build-up on your shower or faucet head: a crusty white deposit that can clog the shower if you let it persist. Imagine that same build-up pounding on your skin as you bathe. It’s not dangerous, but it can leave your skin feeling raw and irritated, as well as a little filmy when you’re done. Filtered water is much gentler on your skin, and helps disperse soap scum as well to eliminate that film you may feel at the end.
For more reasons to install a water treatment system, or to discuss other plumbing services in Irvine offered by a qualified professional, give Saddleback Plumbing a call. We’ve had many years of experience serving the people of Irvine, water treatment systems are standard for us, and we’re ready to give you the best possible treatment in all a stages of the operation. We’re eager to show you what we can do, so pick up the phone and contact us today!
Water treatment systems are essentially filters for your entire home: screening out minerals, chlorine and other impurities from the water in your plumbing system. Here in Rancho Santa Margarita, water treatment systems used by the city are fairly effective, but they’re not perfect. The sea air and water from the Pacific can leave trace amounts of salt in our drinking water, leading to a brackish taste. Furthermore, while small amounts of chemicals won’t usually affect your health, they can still impact the quality of your life in subtle yet definable ways. A good water treatment system can prevent all of that.
Here’s a short list of reasons why water treatment systems should be in every home.
- Cleaner drinking water. If you need a good direct example of the benefits of water filtrated, fill an ice cube tray with tap water, then fill a second one with filtered water. After they freeze, fill a pair of glasses with them. You can see how cloudy and gray the tap water cubes are, compared to the clean transparency of the filtered cubes. That translates to improved taste not only for your drinking water, but for any cooking you do that involves water as well.
- Cleaner bathing water. You might notice a hard, crusty deposit on your bathroom faucet or shower head. Now imagine yourself bathing or showering with the same water that created that build up. Those are hard water deposits, and they can leave your skin feeling rough and irritated over time. Filtered water leaves you feeling cleaner, and your skin feeling softer after you’ve bathe.
- Cleaner laundry. Similarly, clothes washed in filtered water tend to feel softer, last longer and retain their bright colors better than clothes washed with unfiltered water.
Those are serious considerations, especially in coastal areas like ours. No matter how good the civic system, the ocean still brings impurities to our drinking water that are impossible to escape (the ocean isn’t going anywhere, after all). This is why water treatment systems should be in every home. Here in Rancho Santa Margarita, water treatment systems can be installed by the experts at Saddleback Plumbing. Call us today to set up an appointment for water treatment or any other plumbing service in Rancho Santa Margarita!
Water treatment systems remove minerals, chemicals and other impurities from the water in your home. This affects not only your drinking and cooking water, but the water you use to bathe and clean your clothes with. Lake Forest enjoys good quality drinking water thanks to the Upper Oso Reservoir and similar sites, but our proximity to the ocean and position in one of the largest urban areas in the country make clean water an ongoing concern. A good water treatment system is essential to maintain a healthy and happy home.
Benefits of Using a Water Treatment System
The most obvious benefit to a water treatment system is cleaner drinking water, free of chemicals and pollutants. You can see the difference such a system makes simply by making two sets of ice cubes: one with treated water and one with untreated water. You’ll likely notice how much cloudier and grayer the untreated water is, and how clear and clean the treated water is. This applies to anything you’d normally use tap water for, from boiling pasta to rinsing off fresh fruit and vegetables.
A water treatment system also improves upon your overall health and comfort levels. Bathing with untreated water may leave your skin dry and irritated, while clothes washed in untreated water may feel rougher than they would otherwise. Purified water treats your skin and clothes with more gentleness, leaving softer laundry loads and better overall health.
The same principle applies to plumbing components in your home. Scale and mineral deposits can build up in your water heater and pipe system over time. But with a water treatment system, the minerals causing those deposits are removed from your water supply. That prevents potential damage to your system and extends the life of your plumbing to boot.
If you’re considering a water treatment system, you should contact an expert who can explain the options. Saddleback Plumbing handles the installation and repair of water treatment systems in Lake Forest and throughout southern Orange County. We’ll examine your home and discuss you choices with you, then install the system with utmost concern for your complete satisfaction.
Call us today to set up an appointment.
We have the benefit of many modern luxuries in our homes these days, such as natural gas piped directly into the building for instant access and electricity. Running water, though, may just be the one luxury that has the biggest impact on our day to day lives. From brushing our teeth to doing the dishes and even making coffee in the morning, running water makes it all quick and convenient. If you are concerned about the quality of the water that comes into your home though, you may not be so enthused about the luxury. With the right water treatment system from the Irvine plumbing experts at Saddleback Plumbing, Inc., you can enjoy the great water quality that you deserve in your house.
A lot of people use point of use water filters to improve the quality of their tap water for drinking. Taking a whole home approach to water filtration, however, is a much more effective method. Of course, the type of filtration method will vary depending on the types of contaminants that you are concerned about.
From hard water problems to unwanted chemicals or bacteria, Saddleback Plumbing, Inc. has the right water treatment system for your Irvine home.
Specialty cartridges are also a great way to improve water quality in your home, and are used to target specific problems. While a water softener will help to eliminate a variety of different minerals and sediments that can lead to hard water, specialty cartridges offer a much more focused approach. Because of this, it is necessary to have your water tested to determine exactly what problems you are facing.
Finally, a reverse osmosis system is a very effective, if somewhat costly, water treatment option. Water is passed through two different liquids which are separated by a film that will only allow water molecules through. Note it is necessary to have these filters changed regularly by a qualified professional to maintain the effectiveness of such systems though.
To learn more about water treatment systems for your Irvine home, call the professional Irvine plumbers at Saddleback Plumbing, Inc.
We have the information you need to make an informed decision about how best to improve the w ter quality in your Irvine home. Contact us today to learn more.